Friday, April 3, 2009

A Friday Without Worries

Running is fun. News is important.

Today, on this Friday, not a cloud floats in the sky. If there is one, its soft and delicate. Calming like the soft wind that blows these trees outside my window as I write this.

Sometimes I feel like I've always worried myself, even stressed myself. Then, it was school. Maybe girls. Some stand-up performance I was doing. But somehow I've always made it through. My life hasn't burned to the ground. I owe good family and friends for a lot of that. I also myself for that. And now, as I reflect on a Friday where I can't help but smile, I won't stress. In fact, I find it difficult to stress.

My current circumstances aren't the worst, but probably not the best. As a freelancer, I struggle to pay bills and sometimes feel guilty for choosing to be a freelancer (why don't I just wait tables? oh wait, I did that, and got laid off). I worry about family. I stress about accepting and conforming to the rigors of living the life of a comic. I wonder where I'm going with life. I live in a house with quite possibly the laziest person in the world -- beavis meets butthead meets various half-baked character meets "Super High Me" character (this guy's favorite movie) meets the dude. As a result, the house is constantly a mess. Even when its somewhat clean, he has a way of shitting it up. To try to maintain a bit of credibility, I'll stop myself now. Including the disclosure about the various puppies filling up the back yard due to the roommate's inability to spay his dog. Ok, so I'm ranting.

I'm going to stop. In May, I'll be out of this place. Plus, hell, I live in LA. I live by the beach. I have my own dog that's cute as hell. The pups are cute, too. I'm working hard to build my business. I'm taking chances. When there's a crowd, and I'm not drunk, the people tend to laugh.

Bills will still be there. Crazy people, too. Maybe, I'm crazy and don't realize it. Probably.

But I'm going to stop now.

Because today I ran a couple hard mile loops and now my legs feel a bit heavy, but relaxed. It was as sunny as it ever could have been. Good music on the ride back. McD's had Fish Filet Fridays. The level of Mercury in my body has now reached a "too close for comfort level" but I don't care.

It's Friday, baby. If you haven't gotten out of the house, do it. Milk the sun. Milk the weekend for all its worth. Get excited! Smile. The act of smiling actually forces you to be in a better mood. Seriously, I read that from some credible source, I think.

To wrap this up, I've got two songs. I think they speak to what I'm feeling much more than my stream of conscience that's being blurted on this page. Take a listen and happy Friday!

(my suggestion: watch w/o the video)

Third Eye Blind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXRLEyIoJZA

Snow Patrol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfZUxPF7AMI

No comments:

Post a Comment